Spiritual Disciplines of a Leader
Notes from the second episode of the Victory Leadership Podcast:
Spiritual disciplines are habits and practices to help you grow in your relationship with God. It is a means of grace. The starting point of spiritual discipline is our righteousness in God through faith and not our good works
1 Timothy 4:8English Standard Version (ESV) 8 for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
- reading the Bible more and praying more does not make us more spiritual, but it puts you in a position to receive the grace of God.
- When you read the Bible and pray, the more you get to love God.
- You can only minister from your overflow. You can’t give what you don’t have.
- Consistency is the key to spiritual discipline.
- How desperate are we to receive from God? The spirit of fasting is to be desperate for the things of God.
- Read the Bible until God speaks to you.
- Spiritual discipline is such a great joy because it is knowing God.