my wife is a DIE HARD bread fan. She loves, craves and devours BREAD like its some CHOCO MUD PIE. Every Sunday night after church one of the things she looks forward to is buy healthy bread in one of the well known bakeshop and dessert place in Greenhills.
– Last week she bough some sugar free wheat bread that was marketed as healthy! Upon looking at the ingridient of the bread we found out that the SUGAR FREE WHOLE WHEAT BREAD has sugar, white flour and a little wheat in it. WHAT??? WHAT MAKES THIS HEALTHY?
– Did we go to the manager and complained about the misleading marketing? Did we eave the store disgusted at how they trick people into buying the HEALTHY BREAD?
– NO! we bought it. You ask why? Because as consumers we lie to ourselves that the BREAD is INDEED HEALTHY. IS THIS FUNNY?
WELL THINK ABOUT THIS
– we buy a famous Tea Brand because it is marketed as healthy then we check the content and you see a whopping 26 grams of sugar in a 250 ml bottle. What do we say? IT IS HEALTHY!
– we buy a SUGAR FREE drink saying sugar is bad but look at the contents and see the word ASPARTEME which is deadlier than sugar. WHAT DO WE DO? We still drink it
– I went to the mall and saw an ad saying ” HEALTHY LECHON” – what goes through your mind? Well it might be HEALTHY! Let’s go buy some
– we watch HOME TV SHOPPING and see the latest GET THIN QUICK SCHEME – what do we do? We call the number and wear the product while watching TV and eating our Healthy CHICHARON!
– we buy the latest whitening soap thinking it would make us beautiful because that is how the girl looks like in TV. what happens next? we still have the same face just whiter.
– we buy the latest stuff thinking it would make us complete – the newest LJ23 shoes, the latest LV bag, the latest MAC (laptop for men, makeup for women). How did we feel after we made the purchase – still the same. We still play basketball like Radmanovic, we realize that our cool friend who has an LV imitation looks better than you and you get the latest MACBOOK while Steve Jobs is currently launching the MAC AIR.
– we go to church every Sunday thinking it would really earn more points to heaven. Does it?
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. Isaiah 64:6
We all know that the only way to experience real Christianity is to admit we can’t make it on our own and that we have sinned against a Holy God, and if we are willing to repent and let Him rule in our lives do we get to experience REAL FAITH.
Do you believe the lies you tell yourself?