TOP 10 THINGS PASTORS DO TO MESS UP THEIR LIVES part 3
6. Compromise on their sexual integrity – it is never the BIG sins that makes us fall. It is the small sexual compromises. Compromises like
– counselling the opposite sex alone
– internet pornography
– neglecting your sex life with your wife
– flirting with ladies in church disguised as pastoral care
– lack of accountabilty with men in or outside of church
7. Criticize other churches
When we forget that we are building not our kingdom but God’s kingdom we tend to criticize and compare ourselves with other churches and put them down. No church is big enough to get all the harvest. Churches must unite together to see the nation come to Christ.
8. Stop listening to the people they are trying to reach
We should guard ourselves from getting pressured to what Christians want and feel the pulse of the people you are reaching. The church exists to HONOR GOD and MAKE DISCIPLES. Not to create a Christian club.
We must study the culture, we must think and act like missionaries of our culture. Speak the language of the people we are trying to reach.
What good is the GOOD NEWS if only GOOD people hear it?