THE MORE THE MANIER
Every Wednesday morning from 9 to 11, I attend our senior pastor’s meeting. In this meeting we discuss the message that would be delivered on Sunday. I enjoy this meeting because I get to interact, get impartation and wisdom from 14 other guys who are more experienced, seasoned and far better than me.
Imagine the room:
1. Pastor Steve Murrell – founder and president of Every Nation Ministries
2. Pastor Joey Bonifacio – senior pastor of the largest Victory Church (fort)
3. Pastor Ferdie Cabiling – senior pastor of Victory Ortigas and the SERMONATOR of the group
4. Pastor Ariel Marquez – senior pastor of the creative Alabang church
5. Pastor Gilbert Foliente – the oldest teenager and pastor of our church in UBELT
6. Pastor Robert Hern – the pastor of the fastest growing church in Metro Manila and one of the best preachers in Manila.
7. Pastor Sonny Oaman – my new favorite preacher
8. Pastor La Mumar – Philippine’s version of Steven Furtick and VLOGGER.
9. Pastor Paolo Punzalan – I always love his thoughts on preaching and his balanced theology.
10. Pastor Manny Carlos – give me the prophetic word
11. Pastor Jun Divierte – apologetics guy
12. Pastor Rico Ricafort – sermonator Jr.
13. Pastor Nixon Ng – you have to hear his thoughts, amazing insights, deep but simple.
14. Pastor Ferdie del Valle – his magic tricks is the trick to great preaching
During Nehemiah’s time when the Scripture was preached it was prepared and executed in teams.
¶ Ezra opened the book. All the people could see him because he was standing above them; and as he opened it, the people all stood up. Nehemiah 8:5
The Levites — Jeshua, Bani, Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodiah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan and Pelaiah — instructed the people in the Law while the people were standing there. Nehemiah 8:7
They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people could understand what was being read. Nehemiah 8:8
It goes to show that the more minds – the manier (revelations, truth, illustrations, stories, insights, depth)