sunday rewind: Manny Pacquiao, women in church and generosity
– it was the usual Sunday for our church when Pacquiao has a fight. 3pm service was women’s fellowship. Gone are the men to celebrate with Manny Pacquiao.
– people came in droves for our 5pm service though. Goes to show you can’t serve both God and Manny. hehe
– got me thinking as I was preaching in our 3pm service how important men are. You want to win the war – you need to have men. Can’t imagine pastoring a church without men. Not being racist but God has given men the responsibility to lead. Church is different without the men.
– preached on the purpose of wealth and prosperity. Was really touched by someone in church writing a check to the girl who donated her guitar to the church. Extreme generosity in action. Wait for the podcast and vidcast of the series.
– went home to do some little decorating with wifey. Christmas is around the corner.