sunday rewind: Cobra energy drink, Eternal Word and Kids church
– started the day early and had my morning jog. Love the weather and pushed myself to exercise since I have been eating a lot these days.
-Worship today was great. Melvin led the people to worship. I am amazed at melvin’s life. Just this week they experienced a great loss when they went home Monday night and saw that there house was robbed – tv, laptop, ipod, sound system and etc….. but to see him worship Jesus humbles me. In spite of the loss- God is still faithful and it does not change the fact that He is worthy to be praised.
– For the past months I have been drinking COBRA the enrgy drink before I preach to give me the extra sugar rush I need to keep me going and moving. I usually end up wasted, tired and hungry after 2 services and my voice drained. It has worked for quite awhile except for this week. I think I drank it 30 minutes earlier than the usual so before I preached I felt the cobra power have left me. Good thing I could still rely on the Holy Spirit as I preach the eternal word of God.
Is. 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
I always quote this verse before I preach. WOrked so far and it will continue to work because God’s word is living and enduring.
– ended the day with our EN2010 kids church volunteers. I love the spirit of servanthood. Pastor Larry and all our volunteers hats off to all of you!
– picked up some of our EN leaders at the airport. Really love to spend time with Pastor Sam and Nancy Webb of our Guam church and church consultant Kevin York. Great to be serving such humble leaders of our movement.
– here is why i drink Cobra before I preach