Should I really end my prayer: IN JESUS’ NAME
If you follow Scripture, then the answer is YES! Why do we pray in Jesus’ name? Because God commands it. Secondly, the name Jesus packs a lot of power in it. There is something about that name.
Here are some verses asking us to pray in Jesus’ name
- John 14:13
– And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- John 14:14
– If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
- John 15:16
– Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- John 16:23
– And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
- John 16:24
– Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
- John 16:26
– At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you.