random acts of boldness
If you think that leadership does not require courage – then you are definitely wrong. Since planting the church in Greenhills I have fear sitting beside me. When they say that Courage is not the absence of fear – I now totally agree.
But every leader must understand that we can’t move in fear. Every day God requires us to move in boldness.
– a major decision would require boldness.
– taking on new projects and initiative requires boldness.
– creativity and innovation requires boldness.
– making your church’s presence felt in the community requires boldness.
– talking to your staff and asking them to change their paradigms requires boldness.
Coward leaders won’t last long. I always have to remind myself that everytime I am in front of a BIGGIE decision, transition, opposition.
Romans 8:15 (New International Version)
15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
What makes me overcome fear is that I know I have a big Father, bigger than any problems or concerns that I might face as a pastor, father, husband and a leader.
2 Timothy 1:7 (New International Version)
7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
Everyday we must do random acts of boldness. So help us God!