never underestimate the WORD
– with the influx of new styles and techniques in churches today- what has been highlighted in the blogsphere, in church planting books are “innovation and creativity”
– I am for innovation and creativity but I don’t think they are the reason why a church grows. There are just too many things involved to make church growth happen.
– CREATIVITY and INNOVATIONS are accelerators of growth but they are not the cause of growth.
– I have seen some churches try the latest fad in church growth, try to think outside the box and be more controversial and creative but still ends up with few people in church. WHY?
– because some have exchanged the POWER OF THE WORD with innovation. When creativity and innovation takes over the BIBLE then we end up having spectators every Sunday and not disciples.
– I was talking with a pastor last month and we were going through the plans he has for his church. He is one of the most creative pastors I know but when I asked him what he was preaching to the kids, he started sharing activities. I asked him again ” What are you preaching to this kids? No answer……
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE BIBLE.
IT IS THE WORD THAT CHANGES LIFE. IT IS THE WORD THAT BRINGS THEM BACK
BE CREATIVE BUT DON’T FORGET THE WORD
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105