MARTIN’S LUPANG HINIRANG AND CHURCH PLANTING
Martin Nievera’s rendition of Lupang Hinirang has received mixed reviews. Some really really mad and some defending Martin’s new rendition of the song.
Poor Martin didn’t see this coming.
Now how does church planting and Martin’s song connect?
A lot of new church planters and pastors experience the same resistance to change. How do we navigate the rough waters of introducing change in our church?
But before I tell you how here are some facts of life and leadership:
CHANGE IS INEVITABLE. CHANGE IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
Now how do we introduce change?
1. Talk to the influencers. List the church leaders that people follow and sell the CHANGE. Get them to buy in to the CHANGE.
2. Take time. Talk one to one to the people who needs to hear about the CHANGE.
3. Get your staff talking about change in an exciting manner.
4. Some people will leave because of CHANGE. You can’t CHANGE that.
5. Raise up new people who would champion CHANGE.
6. Preach CHANGE.
7. Live CHANGE.