I want to build a personal relationship with Christ but seem to really be struggling… Where do I start?
Great question. So many don’t know where to start. Here is a great guideline on how you can start that I got from the One2One booklet by Pastor Steve Murrell that we use as a starting tool to help Christians in their walk with God.
1. Stop trusting in yourself and your own good works and start trusting in Christ alone for salvation.
Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
2. Turn away from everything the Bible calls sin.
2 Timothy 2:19 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
3. Attend a small group for discipleship and weekly worship services.
Hebrews 10:25 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
4. Read and obey your Bible.
Joshua 1:8 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
5. Tell others about your new relationship with Christ.