Free and Sale Gospel Books
1. Jeremy Lin Biography – From avid sports fans to casual culture-watchers, it seems no one can get enough of Jeremy Lin. He captured the attention of the nation in just a few weeks’ time as he went from unknown underdog to rescuer of the woebegone New York Knicks. Everything from his race (Asian-American) to his alma mater (Harvard) has made Lin one of the most unusual sports stars in years. But what forces have shaped Jeremy Lin into who he is today, and what motivates him to keep striving toward his goals?
Bestselling, award-winning author Ted Kluck uses his unique backgrounds in sports writing and faith writing to uncover the fascinating world of an out-of-nowhere star who continues to surprise.
2. A Confident Heart – Often the biggest obstacle to living out our faith is our own doubt–about our worth, our abilities, our relationship with God, and situations in our lives. A Confident Heart gives voice to the questions, doubts, struggles, and hopes so many women have. Author Renee Swope shows women how to identify, overcome, and even use doubt in order to live confidently in God’s power, truth, and grace. Perfect for women’s small groups or individuals, A Confident Heart is an authentic, insight-filled and encouraging message for any woman who wants to exchange destructive thought patterns with biblical truth that will transform the way she thinks, feels, and lives.
From the Back Cover
Ever feel like you’re not good enough, smart enough, or valuable enough? Renee Swope understands. Even with a great family, a successful career, and a thriving ministry, she still struggled with self-doubt. Sharing her own personal story, Renee shows you how to rely on the power of God’s promises to find the security you need and the confidence you long for!
- Exchange fear-filled thinking with faith-filled believing
- Fail forward when life or sin sets you back
- Embrace your God-given purpose, passion, and personality
- See beyond who you are to who you are becoming in Christ
3. Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions by Mark Driscoll
Brandon Ebel, President, Tooth & Nail Records”Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears combine profound understanding of modern culture with weighty Christian doctrine that is faithful to the Bible. It’s written in such an interesting style that it’s hard to put down. I strongly recommend it!”
Wayne Grudem, Research Professor of Bible and Theology, Phoenix Seminary, Phoenix, Arizona
“A great book about Jesus—yesterday, today, and forever relevant. The answers provided are right on and meaningful to everyone.”
Allen R. Weiss, President, Worldwide Operations, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
“This book reveals Mark Driscoll as a highly powerful, colorful, down-to-earth catechist, targeting teens and twenty-somethings with the old, old story told in modern street-cred style. And Professor Breshears ballasts a sometimes lurid but consistently vivid presentation of basic truth about the Lord Jesus Christ.”
J. I. Packer, Board of Governors’ Professor of Theology, Regent College
“Wow! This is a powerful book. It’s edgy and, frankly, it made me uncomfortable at certain points… but for the right reasons. We need light, not polish, over the story of Jesus, and that’s exactly what this well-written and provocative work provides. It may make you squirm, but the strong biblical orientation and the crisp historic perspectives give you a context for that squirming!”
Dan Wolgemuth, President, Youth for Christ/USA, Inc.
4. Rid of My Disgrace –
“Careful research, lots of Scripture, and a demonstration that the work of Christ says ‘you are washed clean’ to those who feel like outcasts, which will speak to victims of sexual abuse.”
—Ed Welch, Counselor and Faculty, The Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation
“I can’t express how grateful I am that someone is tackling this subject with both a pastoral heart and an understanding of how the devastating effects of sexual assault can wreak havoc for decades after the abuse. It is an epidemic issue where resources are scarce. There isn’t a weekend that goes by where we aren’t told a gut-wrenching tale of innocence stolen and left trying to help a man or woman make sense of their pain. I praise God for the gospel that can heal and restore and for the Holcombs that had the courage and wisdom to write this book for us.”
—Matt Chandler, Lead Pastor, The Village Church, Highland Village, Texas
“God sees, knows, heals, restores, and redeems. This is the message of hope this book offers, to all who have suffered from abuse. How desperately needed this message is in our culture today! In my interaction with teens and young adults, I have heard many stories of sexual abuse. I am so thrilled that there is a resource like this book that offers relevant, practical, biblical hope and healing words of life.”
—Rebecca St. James, singer; author; actress
“Having experienced much sexual brokenness in my own life and now having pastored a church that ministers to thousands of broken people, I can say with confidence that this book is desperately needed. Justin and Lindsey write to help the abused and to help those who help the abused. It is a must-read for all those who live and minister in this sexually broken world.”
—Darrin Patrick, Founding Pastor of The Journey Church, St Louis, MO; author, Church Planter