FAILURE TO ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS
As a pastor we tend to ignore the questions that would make us think really hard and settle for where we are but that should not be the case. We are in a business that is far greater than any other business. It is a higher calling and if we know that our attitude towards what we do everyday would change. We begin to ask questions that would really matter.
WHY, What, WHO, WHERE, HOW – are a pastor’s best friend. Why are we doing what we are doing? What are we supposed to be focusing on? Who should be doing this? Where do we go from here to get there? How are we going to get from here to there?
When you ask the hard questions – you know that you have to do something about it.
Some HARD questions I’ve asked
1. Is this really working?
2. Was I wrong with my decision before?
3. Is this where God wants the church to be?
4. Am I developing disciples?
5. Have I done my best in pastoring the people?
6. Is my spiritual health at par with my leadership responsibilities?
How about you: what are some of the hard questions you need to ask?