EXORCISM AT 945PM
– had a wonderful time having our small group last night with Finance Guru Randell Tiongson teaching not on finance but REJECTION. Everybody was sharing their insights on the lesson when we are asked to pray for each other.
– I excused myself because I had to meet this new guy in church.
– was packing my stuff because we were going on a KTV to celebrate one of our leader’s birthday when I heard something happening outside the office.
– Randell was carrying this girl who was so stiff that it took 3 men to carry her to our conference room. They said I was needed.
– entered the room to see a couple of our women leaders praying for this girl who seemed possessed by demons.
– a thought entered my mind – “Why now?” We are going home already. The girls were looking at me since I was the pastor present. Their faces communicating – do what you need to do. This is why you get paid!!!!
– after a series of questions to know the background of the girl I laid my hands on her and started praying that the demons leave this woman – in Jesus Name!
– the demons were making the woman stiffer and stronger. Two people were holding her hands whole another one was holding her feet.
– she started convulsing that we had to move her to the floor.
– my wife came in. praise God. The reason I married her was for a time as this!!! (haha)
– she looked at me and said I do it. Alright I told her just to pray and help also.
– heard the demons groaning and hissing. Was trying to get the woman to communicate with me.
– our leaders in the room were praying in tongues. The demon started taunting us by speaking in tongues as well.
– we started having a power struggle (w/c is really a bad sign). I was getting tired and impatient. “I should be eating dinner right now” – how selfish are my thoughts at that moment
– woman started showing signs that she wanted to vomit. Common scenario for casting out demons. I told the demon she can’t vomit, the carpet is new. Get out some other way -in Jesus name.
– the struggle went on. i was tired, some were frustrated. I have quoted the Scripture, I have called in the name of Jesus. I was showing the demon who I was and the power that I have as a child of God.
– did not work! why?
– I sat on the floor now. The others continued praying.
– I realized I was moving in the flesh. I was cocky. I was pissed. Signs of who i am in the flesh when the devil tempts me.
– I was playing the demon’s game. Stupid of me!!!
– the demon has put the woman to sleep. She was snoring like the demon.
– the demon was taunting us and making fun of us. He got us where he wants us. it is going to be a long night.
– somebody give me the Bible, I said.
– my wife got my Bible – went to Psalm 91. Nah, not the verse I was really looking for.
– i told our leaders let’s just worship. God told us to just worship and relax. Everybody was tired. the demon was snoring louder.
– nobody sang loud. I think they were not too inclined to sing. I can’t sing as well but it might have worked. I could have scared the demons away with my singing.
– started reading Psalm 68 and prayed using the Scripture.
May God arise, may his enemies be scattered; may his foes flee before him. Psalms 68:1
As smoke is blown away by the wind, may you blow them away; as wax melts before the fire, may the wicked perish before God. Psalms 68:2
– demons started screaming so loud and started kicking. Hmmm! I woke them up with the word. i started just praying in a tone that I use when I pray alone or pray for my wife and kids. Relax, the Spirit says – my Word would do its work, your volume is not a factor.
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Psalms 68:3
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds — his name is the LORD — and rejoice before him. Psalms 68:4
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. Psalms 68:5
God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. Psalms 68:6
Started praying for her marriage, her past. The things that brought about this demons acting up tonight.
She started crying out LORD! LORD! it is painful!!!
– the women in the room encouraged her to fight the thoughts ad the lies. They affirmed her with the love fo God
– demon started shouting ” You are all liars, nobody loves her!”
– started telling her how much Jesus loves her and the beautiful picture of the cross
– She lets out a long loud scream – AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
– she stood up, drank some water.
– the women spoke to her for 10 more minutes. She is on her way to victory. She has decided to join our small group. She still has a battle to fight. A battle to forgive the people who have hurt her. A battle to forgive herself. A battle to receive God’s unconditional love.
– i was drained. I realized how moving in the flesh results to nothing. I am just a vessel. it is HIS power that delivered that woman. It is God who would do His work.
– when we started relying on God and not on ourselves, when we started praying using the Scripture, when we realized this isn’t coming out unless we hear God’s instruction – it would have been a longer night.
– it was another day in the office, not the exorcism, but the humbling journey of a clueless church planter.