cure to burnouts…
– pastoring is a tough job! I’ve always thought youth ministry is hard – wait till you plant a church.
– the past 6 months has been an exciting ride for me and my my family. I can’t even thank God enough for the faith stretching moments, the leadership tests and the healthy stress that comes from planting a church.
– one of the best things that has ever happened to us with regards to the church plant are the new friends that have been added in our life.
– me and my wife were discussing the importance of friendship in the life of a pastor. Friends are people who don’t act strange and different in front of you because you are the pastor. Friends who you could just hang out with and do nothing. Friends who refreshes you from the daily rituals of life. or for my defintion – (people who I could hang out with even when I am in shorts and my favorite ugly shirt)
– we need relationships like this – trust me!
to my dear fellow pastors and church workers,
– i know what it means to have to smile in front of your congreagation even if you don’t feel like smiling
– i know how it feels that you don’t want to hear another problem that people are asking you to fix
– i know how it feels how you are stuck in a message preparation
– i know how it feels after you messed up your preaching
– i know how it feels when your budget and your expense don’t compliment
– i know how it feels to have other people treat you like you are Jesus that it sucks the life out of you
– i know………
that is why….
GET A FRIEND, HANG OUT WITH THEM, FORGET MINISTRY FOR AT LEAST A MOMENT, HAVE A GOOD TIME!