Crickette Abello on Volunteer Management and Systems
Crickette Abello’s guide to have a great volunteer management system:
1. MINISTRY PLAN
– Do whatever it takes is not enough to make volunteers stick. It would frustrate them because you dont have a plan.
2. Goals, Activities and Tasks.
– what is the Win of your ministry? Your volunteer needs to know if you are winning
– have a clear job description. Enumerate all the task that is expected of them..
– enumerating the task shows if what you want them to do is feasible
– make sure they know and you know who is responsible. It creates accountabilty.
Steps to a Trained Volunteer
1. Sign Up
4. Specialized Training
5. On the Job Training
– pastors making a call in pulpit for vounteerism is way way NOT effective compared to one on one vision casting and calling on volunteers
– people who sign up because a pastor makes a call in the pulpit has a STICKY rate of 30%. 70% of those who signed up won’t last.
– personal note: discipleship is relationship. Volunteer recruitment is relationship
Screening volunteers is a must even if you are a church. It is like strangers visiting your house – you dont just open your house you first screen them.