Change of heart
– Greenhills is a memorable place for me. Back in the 80’s the most decent grocery store could only be found in Greenhills, UNI-MART!
– Before SM, Greenhills was the place to be. The first decent shopping center, the most decent tiangge and bazaar – Greenhills!
– The best restaurants is found in Greenhills – the Jollibee with the biggest playhouse, Green Patio for the best lumpia, Tom Sawyer for the best steak, Gloria Maris for the best Chinese food, Pizza Hut.
– Before Greenhills for me was shopping, groceries, entertainment, toys, and food.
– But going to Greenhills now – its different. I have what you might call a change of heart.
– As Greenhills continues to expand its choicest of the best food, bargains, and entertainment there was one BIG difference I saw and felt with the place. THE PEOPLE.
– Greenhills is full of people. Just ask the parking attendant. Greenhills never runs out of people.
– walking through Greenhills, God started giving me a heart for the people of Greenhills and San Juan. Some common scenes you find in Greenhills are:
a. students hanging out after class- some are drinking and smoking
b. workers hanging out after office
c. joggers very early in the morning – hundreds of them.
d. Muslims worshipping in the mosque center and selling their wares
e. Chinese people everywhere.
f. celebrities hanging out at Pilitas and at Starbucks
g. people, people, people.
My prayer to God was “Give me your heart and compassion for the people of Greenhills.”
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Matthew 9:36 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Matthew 9:37 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:38 ¶ He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. Matthew 10:1